Kirgiz Yurt - adventure accommodation
An oasis next to Vitsøhus Permaculture Paradise Garden (only B&B), 50 m to the lake
An original Kirgiz Yurt with a stunning view over Vitsø and the sea …
- A cosy Yurt in a quiet end exciting place -
- 25 m² big magnificent Yurt with room high up to the stars ;-)
- Big south faced patio midst in nature’s elements
- 50 m to the lake “Vitsø” and the Archipelago footpath
- 1 cosy room with 1-4 beds with high quality mattresses
- Toilet and bathroom at the Café of the Permaculture Garden
- Healthy breakfast in the Café with fresh baked rolls, eggs, butter, homemade jam, cheese, ham, organic coffee, own fresh herb-tea, hot chocolate, cereals, fresh milk
The yurt is tastefully decorated with stylish furniture
Location and surrounding
The Yurt is located in the unique Permaculture Paradise Garden on Ærø (ca. 3,7 acre), next to the nature reserve around Vitsø (555 Acre), where a large herd of Scottish Highland cattle is grazing. Vitsø (originally: hvid sø = white lake) had been re-claimed from the sea in 1788 and drained first 1836 by a Dutch windmill “Vitsø Pumpemølle”, from 1964 onward with electrical pumps for gaining farmland. Since the 2010 the lake has been re-established. Today this area is a paradise for a wide range of birds and plants. Besides the native birds, eg. the Sea Eagle, many migrant birds can be watched here during their stopover in spring and autumn.
The three main cities on Ærø, besides others, are worth visiting: Ærøskøbing with the cobblestone streets and picturesque houses, Marstal with the nautical museum (Søfartsmuseum) and Søby with Denmark’s most beautiful golf course in the North, that faces the seaside with at least three sides.
Søbygård, the former mounted castle, once manor, today museum, as well as Vester Mølle, Vitsø with Vitsø Pumpemølle and the beach are within walking distance.
Vitsøhus offers furthermore several nature experiences and a farm-shop with own products and exciting plants.