Holmegård – a cosy cottage on the edge of Søby with view over the sea, Vitsø-Mølle and Als (Summer cottage)
- A charming cottage at an exciting and versatile place with direct access to the path along the lake to the seaside -
- 75 m² cosy and high quality furnished and equipped cottage
- 20 m² wooden patio with garden furniture adjoining our well-kept garden with herbs and flowers
- access to the path along Vitsø to the seaside
- 2 bedrooms, equipped with 1 double-bed and 3 beds including high quality mattresses
- 1 bathroom with basin, shower with cold and warm water and toilet
- 1 well-equipped kitchen with dish-washer, cooker, toaster, el-kedel, kaffemaskine, mikrobølgeovn, washing machine and many extras
- TV with LCD-screen, internet access, hi-fi system
- The Holmegård is heated with central oil-heating. In the living room a wood burning fireplace, filled only with a few logs provides a comfy warmth.
The Holmegård is furnished with an attractive traditional and modern country-style furniture-mix.
Location and surrounding
Holmegård is located 20 minutes by foot from the sea or 4 minutes by Car. Vitsø (originally: hvid sø = white lake) had been re-claimed from the sea in 1788 and drained first 1836 by a Dutch windmill "Vitsø Mølle", from 1964 onward with electrical pumps for gaining farmland. Since the 22.01.2010 the lake has been re-established. Today this area is a paradise for a wide range of birds and plants. Besides the native birds many migrant birds can be watched here during their stopover in spring and autumn.
The three main cities on Ærø, besides others, are worth visiting: Ærøskøbing with the cobblestone streets and picturesque houses, Marstal with the nautical museum (Søfartsmuseum) and Søby with Denmark's most beautiful golf course in the North, that faces the seaside with at least three sides.
Søby and harbour, Vitsø with Vitsø Mølle and the beach are within walking distance.
The island offers versatile options of enjoying nature, exercise and motion.